Weddings - FAQ
Wedding Questions & Answers
We have put together this sheet to help & provide you with some answers to questions we are frequently asked:-
1. Q: What happens after I have paid my deposit?
A: Two copies of your contract with our terms & Conditions will be posted out to your home address, please read through the contracts carefully, sign them both and then return a copy to the hotel, this must be done within 4 weeks of the contract date to guarantee the booking.
2. Q: What happens after I have returned my contract?
You will not hear from us until we require the 2nd stage deposit of £1000 this is required 3 months prior to your wedding as stated in your contract with us.
We will then contact you around 2 months / 8 weeks before your wedding to make a final details appointment, this is when we do a 1st draft of the final details and sort timings, numbers, theme and extras etc. This is then typed up and a pro-forma invoice will be drawn up and sent with the plan details.
If you need to get in touch with us for any reason, please ring 01777 706333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org we are more than happy to help and answer any questions or queries.
3. Q: How far in advance should I mail out the invitations?
A: Wedding invitations should be mailed out about twelve to eight weeks prior to the event. Many brides also mail out a “save the date” card, which can be sent up to a year in advance. You should always try to give some extra notice to those who will be coming from out of town.
4. Q. What time do I invite evening guests?
A: We usually suggest evening guests be invited from 7pm – 7.30pm.
5. Q: What time can guests check in to their rooms?
A: Check in time is from 2.00pm on the day of arrival, a guest can request an early check in from 12.00 noon on the day of arrival this is subject to availability.
Guests are advised that early check in may not be guaranteed until 2 days prior to the date of the wedding, there would be an additional cost of £20.00 per room
6. Q: Do guests get a reduced bedroom rate?
A: Yes all of our wedding guests receive a discounted rate
£110.00 Double/Twin Bed & Breakfast 1 night
£90.00 single B&B 1 night
We also offer a 2 night package where your guests receive a 50% reduction for the first night’s stays
£165.00 Double/Twin Bed & Breakfast 2 nights
£135.00 Single B&B 2 nights
Executive rooms carry a £20.00 per room supplement
7. Q: Do you have family rooms?
A: Yes we have a number of family rooms available; all our family rooms have a double bed & a full size single bed & room for a cot or Z bed
£110.00 Family room 2 adults plus a supplement for each child sharing
Under 2 years FOC
Over 2 year’s £10.00 supplement
Page 2 of 4
8. Q: Do we get an allocation of rooms?
A: Yes an allocation will be made when you have paid your deposit, allocations vary from 5 – 20 rooms. The size of the allocation will depend on your requirements & the size of your wedding party. Once the allocation has been filled more rooms can be added if available. These rooms will also be charged at the discounted wedding rate
9. Q: Will we get charged for any rooms not taken in our allocation?
A: Any rooms not sold in your allocation will automatically be released 4 weeks prior to the date of your wedding
10. Q: What time can the Bride & Groom check into their room?
A: The Bride & Groom on the day of their wedding can check into their room from 12.00 noon
11. Q: I have booked the Fairytale package – what menu is included?
A: All fairytale packages are inclusive of Menu 1 or Menu 2 from our brochure
12. Q: Am I allowed to pick any other menu?
A: You can upgrade to any other menu in our brochure, but this will incur a menu supplement per person.
13. Q: What if I have vegetarians attending my wedding?
A: We will plan & pre-order a vegetarian meal for any guests who cannot eat meat and also any guests who have any dietary requirements, this will be done at the planning stage when we do your wedding details – there is a vegetarian menu included in your brochure to give the guests.
14. Q: When do I pay the final balance for my wedding?
A: The balance of your wedding must be paid for 14 days prior to the date of your wedding
15. Q: Can we have confetti?
A: Only bio degradable confetti can be thrown in the gardens
16. Q: Do you have a wedding fayre at the hotel?
A: We hold two weddings fayres each year, usually one in early spring & one in autumn. Each Bride & Groom will receive an invitation to attend the wedding fayre. Admission is free.
17. Q: Am I allowed to add extra guests to my package?
A: Yes subject to seating limits of the function suite you have booked.
Please be aware when adding extra guests (adults or children) on to a package you must provide for them a like for like e.g. the menu cost, drinks package cost & chair cover cost (winter packages same as above plus the cost of a favor will need to be added as well)
A child counts as one person
18. Q: Can we bring in our own band / Is live music permitted?
A: Yes - PAT testing & public liability insurance certification will need to be checked in advance of your wedding day.
Bands are not permitted to play outdoors and cannot play indoors past 11pm & disco music can play until Midnight.
Page 3 of 4
19. Q: Can we have fireworks & Chinese lanterns?
A: Chinese Lanterns are unfortunately not permitted. Fireworks are permitted on certain dates New Year’s Eve & 5th November only, and need to be executed by a specialised firework company.
20. Q: Is VAT included in the price?
21. Q: Can I bring in my own wine & pay corkage?
A: Unfortunately, we don’t offer corkage & don’t allow you to bring in your own wine. Wine can be purchased from our wine list.
22. Q: Can we have a trial meal tasting?
A: You can sample some of the menu dishes, but there is a charge for this service
23. Q: Is there a charge if I pay by credit card?
A: Yes 2.5% will be charged if you wish to pay by credit card
24. Q: Do I receive the Bridal Suite as part of my package
A: If you have bought one of our packages a complimentary feature room is included in your package.
If available, you can upgrade and pay for the Bridal Suite which is charged at £249.00 for the night B&B – this includes Champagne breakfast
25. Q: Can I bring in my own caterers?
A: External caterers are not allowed
26. Q: Can I bring in my own food?
A: A wedding cake or cupcakes are acceptable, no other food items are allowed to brought in.
27. Q: How many canapes can I choose?
A: From the list provided you can choose 3 options from the list and these will be brought round after the ceremony.
28. Q: What happens when I stay the night before my wedding at the hotel & are moving to the Bridal suite for the night of my wedding
A: You will be required to pack up your belongings into a suitcase & we will move the case to your new room, we are not liable for breakages or any missing belongings
29. Q: The guests round tables - how many do they seat?
A: The round tables seat 8 guests comfortably with a maximum of 10 per table. We can fit a maximum of 15 tables, plus the top table in the Shelley Suite and a maximum of 6 tables plus top table in the Grove Suite (upstairs)
30. Q: Will there be another wedding using the Pagoda?
A: It is possible that we can have 2 weddings on one day; each wedding will have its own time slot allocated.
Page 4 of 4
31. Q: How long does the music to walk to the pagoda need to be?
A: This really depends on how fast you walk & how big the procession is.
As a rule of thumb a normal CD track is plenty long enough
32. Q: Would we be able to have a sign somewhere advising people where to sit in the ceremony (e.g. propped against one of the statues or a tree, or hanging from a tree)?
A: Yes you can provide a sign
33. Q: Could we request that in the ceremony, the chairs are placed behind us and not in a circle around the pagoda please.
A: Yes this can be arranged
34. Q: We will have a card box and a guest book. Where will these be placed?
A: Inside the room on a separate white linen covered table.
35. Q: Have you got a picture of the top table flower arrangement included?
A: There is a good picture of the flower arrangement in the wedding brochure on the top table. Page reference ‘Wedding Rooms & Suites’
36. Q: When/how do we choose flower colours /type etc.?
A: At your details appointment which is usually 2 months prior to the date of your wedding we will discuss the flower arrangement colours (you cannot choose individual flower types)
37. Q: Have you got a picture of the wedding favours and cake included in the winter fairytale package?
A: Yes this will be shown to you at the details appointment usually 2 months prior to the wedding day date
38. Q: What do I do to make an appointment to meet with the wedding co-ordinator?
A: Please ring the hotel directly on 01777 706333 then together a mutual agreeable appointment can be made. Appointments are available on weekdays between 9.00am until 5.00pm or a late appointment after 5.00pm can also be made.
39. Q: How long is the top table?
A: The Shelley suite top table is usually 18ft long – maximum of 12 people on top table, the Grove suite 14ft – maximum of 10 people on top table.
40. Q: Is there a microphone available for speeches?
A: Yes there is a microphone available, however we find it is very often not required but we can make it available.